Hey everybody! My name is Cesar Lopez, but you can call me C Lo. I am a huge fan of movies and I appreciate all kinds of movies. Since I love watching and talking about movies, I thought I'd make this page and tell you a little bit about how I feel on certain movies. I am going to school to major in Journalism and minoring in Cinema. I will hopefully be posting at least once or maybe twice a week. You can expect to see at least one review every Saturday. Also, I would welcome everyone to maybe leave a comment on what you think of my review (agree or disagree), what you think of the movie, what you would like to see me review, what you think I could improve on in these reviews, or anything you would like to say about anything. In any case, I will read it, absorb everything you say, and try my best to respond. Thank you everyone for listening to me :) It is definitely appreciated!

"Thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies." -Roger Ebert

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Check This One Out! - The Little Prince

Check This One Out! - The Little Prince


The Little Prince: "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."



    The Little Prince is directed by Mark Osborne (Kung Fu Panda, The SpongeBob Squarepants Movie) and stars Jeff Bridges as The Aviator, Mackenzie Foy as The Little Girl, Rachel McAdams as The Mother, Riley Osborne as The Little Prince, Paul Rudd as Mr. Prince, Marion Cotillard as The Rose, James Franco as The Fox, Benicio Del Toro as The Snake, Albert Brooks as The Businessman, Paul Giamatti as The Academy Teacher, Ricky Gervais as The Conceited Man, and Bud Cort as The King.



No, not this little Prince. Although, still just as great!


    In a world where people are built to live boring monotonous adult lives, a mother prepares her daughter to live the same boring life with organizing every moment of her entire life. One day during her summer vacation filled with studying, The Little Girl encounters her weird neighbor, an aviator, who is unlike all the other grownups in her new neighborhood: he is full of life, loves to tell stories, and enjoys going into his imagination. The Aviator tells The Little Girl a story about The Little Prince who "...lived on a planet that was scarcely bigger than himself..." and his journey of growing up, but never forgetting. From then on, The Aviator shows The Little Girl all the wonders of beautiful memories and imagining that a child can possess, even when growing up.



Hold those tears in, bud. Hold them in...Aaaghh!! I can't do it! It's so beautiful!  :')


    Please watch the trailer for The Little Prince. It's seriously incredibly beautiful. Luckily, the full length movie is just as beautiful, both in technicality/animation and its substance with the story. There aren't many movies out now that I can say are truly heartwarming without it trying too hard to be. The Little Prince has the potential to be that, but it deviates itself away from that path. The story, on its own, could have gone in a direction of being sappy for the sake of being sappy and wanting the audience to have crocodile tears; not from the heart. This was actually my main concern for the outcome of this movie. Without a doubt, I know that the filmmakers cradled this baby and took good care of it to be a good film. The big themes of The Little Prince are that of growing up and forgetting your childhood. Anybody who was a child (I'm assuming there's more than 20 of you) knew that pain of knowing that you'd eventually grow up and did what you could to make yourself feel young forever. Now, as an adult, I bet you want that feeling of childlike wonder again. It's sad, but life is like that. We grow old. The upside is that your brain is beautiful and it can store a bunch of still frames from your life in your mind so you can revisit them anytime. I don't think I can explain it as well as the movie shows it, but the magnificence of life is to show others (young people) the gift of childhood and that you shouldn't spend it preparing for adulthood. Plus, the fact that there were two types of animation styles used in The Little Prince helps guide the emotions to the viewers heart. The animation is truly a technical marvel. I honestly can't even begin to express how flawless the different kinds of animations looked. There was the Pixar 3D style of animation, that all animated films are heading into, and there were also uses of stop motion with paper (and I believe also wood). The Little Prince has guts to blend these styles. The 3D style was embodying the world of The Little Girl and The Aviator, while the paper and wood embodied the make believe world of The Little Prince. The script flip flopped between these two worlds multiple times and it shows how much work was put into the look and feel of this film. Seriously, beautiful on the outside and inside.



Look at this spectacle! Bravo, director Mark Osborne, bravo!


    To put it briefly, The Little Prince is a really touching movie that is perfect for kids to learn and for adults to remember their own happiness. Sounds kind of corny, I know. However, this film doesn't shove the feels in our face, which is something I have to praise highly. I also have to mention that the film indirectly address that The Little Prince is not something to get factually/realistically correct or to ponder the science behind it. Just watch and enjoy. I love how it does that mainly because it's another way how The Little Prince guides the adult into the direction of remembering the happy memories and not to overanalyze the plot or anything. It reminds people to live your life, let loose, and have fun!



Don't worry. You'll love this movie too.



The Little Prince is rated PG for mild thematic elements

Click here to watch the trailer

The Little Prince is now streaming exclusively on Netflix 



    Thanks for reading, everybody! I really do appreciate it. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Facebook here and Twitter here to receive updates on new reviews and trailer drops. Also, if you've already seen The Little Prince, comment and let me know what you think of it. I'll post another Check This One Out! next week. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment