Hey everybody! My name is Cesar Lopez, but you can call me C Lo. I am a huge fan of movies and I appreciate all kinds of movies. Since I love watching and talking about movies, I thought I'd make this page and tell you a little bit about how I feel on certain movies. I am going to school to major in Journalism and minoring in Cinema. I will hopefully be posting at least once or maybe twice a week. You can expect to see at least one review every Saturday. Also, I would welcome everyone to maybe leave a comment on what you think of my review (agree or disagree), what you think of the movie, what you would like to see me review, what you think I could improve on in these reviews, or anything you would like to say about anything. In any case, I will read it, absorb everything you say, and try my best to respond. Thank you everyone for listening to me :) It is definitely appreciated!

"Thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies." -Roger Ebert

Thursday, November 17, 2016

Check This One Out! - V/H/S/2 ***EXPLICIT***

Check This One Out! - V/H/S/2


Jen: "Don't let go of me!!!"



     "V/H/S/2" is directed by Simon Barrett (directorial debut), Jason Eisner ("Hobo with a Shotgun"), Gareth Evans("The Raid 2"), Gregg Hale ("Say Yes Quickly"), Eduardo Sánchez ("Seventh Moon"), Timo Tjahjanto ("Headshot"), Adam Wingard ("You're Next") and stars Lawrence Michael Levine as Larry ("Tape 49"), Kelsy Abbott as Ayesha ("Tape 49"), L.C. Holt as Kyle ("Tape 49"), Adam Wingard as Herman ("Phase I Clinical Trials"), Hannah Hughes as Clarissa ("Phase I Clinical Trials"), Jay Saunders as the Biker ("A Ride in the Park"), Devn Brookshire as the Biker's Girlfriend ("A Ride in the Park"), Fachry Albar as Adam ("Safe Haven"), Hannah Al Rashid as Lena ("Safe Haven"), Oka Antara as Malik ("Safe Haven"), Andrew Suleiman as Joni ("Safe Haven"), Epi Kusnandar as Father ("Safe Haven"), Samantha Gracie as Jen ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), Rylan Logan as Gary ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), Riley Eisner as Tank ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), Cohen King as Randy ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), Zachary Ford as Shawn ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), Josh Ingraham as Danny ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction"), and Jeremie Saunders as Zack ("Slumber Party Alien Abduction").




It's kind of hard to tell who some people are since they have red stuff all over them.



     Two private investigators, Larry and Ayesha, are tasked with finding a missing student, Kyle, whose whereabouts might be in his house. On the search, they discover a set of video cassette tapes. Ayesha is told by Larry to watch them because maybe there is a clue somewhere that they could use in the VHS tapes that could lend a hand. What they don't know is what's on the video tapes. Each tape Ayesha watches, we watch. This is more of a segment based movie with four movies being watched by one person: "Phase I Clinical Trials", "A Ride in the Park", "Safe Haven", and "Slumber Party Alien Abduction". Each tape is increasingly darker than the last and when it comes down to it, Kyle is perhaps missing due to something else much more sinister than what the investigators had originally thought...




Hmm...going to the hospital when you get a bloody nose after watching a couple of fucked up videos or stay and finish the videos at an abandoned house...tough decision.



     I don't know how to put "V/H/S/2" into words that will make sense in a put-together sentence so I'll just say words: Blood! Cringe! Vomit! Grotesque! Intriguing! More blood! Actually, gore! Disgusting! Fucking insane! Fun! I might be underdoing it when I say that, but damn, this movie is fucking intense in the most fun way possible (depending on one's queasiness). What I find especially interesting about this movie is the way this series of films tells it stories. I say series because this is the second in its three film franchise. I chose to review the second one because the segments caught my eye the most, no pun intended. You'll get that joke after you see the first segment. There is a story outside of the VHS tapes shown with their individual plots. It's like VHS-ception except with crazier shit going on. This is primarily a horror movie and, while adding the shock factor of gore, the non-cliché scares are ABUNDANT. The movie is shot through a hand held camera view, which might bother some people, but from my experience, "V/H/S/2" is the film that I consider the most effective in this mode. Surprisingly, more than "Cloverfield" or "The Blair Witch Project". I feel like the V/H/S franchise will be alive for a while. Who knows? Up-an-coming filmmakers could get a crack at breaking into Hollywood with this type of film. If anyone has seen a little experimental film called "The ABCs of Death", this will remind you of that. However, I'll pick "V/H/S/2" over that one any day. I just had more fun with ghosts being seen from a surgery gone wrong, a zombie hoard attacking a little girl's birthday party, a cult trying to bring demonic beings into our world, and aliens. Yeah. All with the added benefit of over-the-top deaths. The acting is just fine, but it's not a movie you go into thinking that the acting ensemble is going to win a SAG award. The point of seeing a movie like "V/H/S/2" is to be surprised with how much the filmmakers get away with using monsters and other supernatural beings to brutally kill humans. It's just fucking awesome!




Oh shit, that happens to me every time I eat an old burrito! What? I'm not going to let a burrito go to waste. Fuck no.



     "V/H/S/2" is not a movie you should be showing kids under 10 years-old. 11 years-old? Watch this movie! I'll warn you that it's not for the faint of heart. Seriously. You'll probably get nightmares for a good while. This film is a shock value film, but the direction that the individual filmmakers took with their own segment is so different from one another that I felt like I was watching four episodes of "The Twilight Zone" compiled together and was too graphic to be shown on television. In other words, "V/H/S/2" lacks boring subject matter and instead creates a film that viewers will call a spectacle of violence. I'm sorry if you now have a different interpretation of me. What can I say, I just like my dark stuff.




Aaaalright. Well, that guy may be a bit too much for me. That's creepy beyond fucking creepy.



"V/H/S/2" is rated graphic and bloody violence, grisly images, sexual material, nudity, and language

Click here to watch the trailer

"V/H/S/2" is now available on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital download



     Thanks for reading, everybody! I really do appreciate it. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Facebook and Twitter to receive updates on new reviews and trailer drops. Also, if you've already seen "V/H/S/2", comment and let me know what you think of it. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment