Hey everybody! My name is Cesar Lopez, but you can call me C Lo. I am a huge fan of movies and I appreciate all kinds of movies. Since I love watching and talking about movies, I thought I'd make this page and tell you a little bit about how I feel on certain movies. I am going to school to major in Journalism and minoring in Cinema. I will hopefully be posting at least once or maybe twice a week. You can expect to see at least one review every Saturday. Also, I would welcome everyone to maybe leave a comment on what you think of my review (agree or disagree), what you think of the movie, what you would like to see me review, what you think I could improve on in these reviews, or anything you would like to say about anything. In any case, I will read it, absorb everything you say, and try my best to respond. Thank you everyone for listening to me :) It is definitely appreciated!

"Thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies." -Roger Ebert

Friday, July 17, 2015

The Revenant Trailer Review

The Revenant (Trailer)

 
 The Revenant is a time period film (1820s) directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu. It comes out December 25, 2015. This film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Hugh Glass and Tom Hardy as John Fitzgerald. So there isn't much context to this movie from watching the trailer. All that it shows is a man (Leonardo DiCaprio) fighting alongside his village when it gets attacked by other men. Then, Leo's character and Tom's character try to survive the harsh winter.
 Oscar contender anyone? So far from what I have seen and heard about this movie, I love it. The cinematography is gorgeous, the camerawork is fantastic, and the acting looks incredible. This is definitely a dark movie. A lot of violence and looks like it will contain heavy themes dealing with survival.
 I have never actually seen Leonardo DiCaprio in a action drama, let alone an action movie. I guess the closest film I've seen that's anything like this is Blood Diamond or The Departed, but even then this film looks like it will have Leo really emerged into war and violence. It looks like he has really REALLY put himself into fight or flight mode. I really hope this is the film that gets him his first Oscar.


 I thoroughly enjoyed this trailer. It's going to be one hell of a December for films. Here's to Leo for another Academy Award nomination. Maybe Tom Hardy too?

(Please) Watch the trailer here

The Revenant opens in limited release December 25, 2015 and in wide release January 8, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment