Hey everybody! My name is Cesar Lopez, but you can call me C Lo. I am a huge fan of movies and I appreciate all kinds of movies. Since I love watching and talking about movies, I thought I'd make this page and tell you a little bit about how I feel on certain movies. I am going to school to major in Journalism and minoring in Cinema. I will hopefully be posting at least once or maybe twice a week. You can expect to see at least one review every Saturday. Also, I would welcome everyone to maybe leave a comment on what you think of my review (agree or disagree), what you think of the movie, what you would like to see me review, what you think I could improve on in these reviews, or anything you would like to say about anything. In any case, I will read it, absorb everything you say, and try my best to respond. Thank you everyone for listening to me :) It is definitely appreciated!

"Thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies." -Roger Ebert

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Jurassic World Review




Jurassic World

 "They're moving in herds. They do move in herds" - Dr. Alan Grant

 The dinosaurs are back in this major summer blockbuster event, Jurassic World. Jurassic World is directed by indie film maker Colin Trevorrow and this time around, The park is open. Actually, the park has been open for around 10 years to be exact. Jurassic World has an all new cast and an all new dinosaur called the Indominus Rex.
  Two brothers, one a preteen with dinosaur smarts, Gray (Ty Simpkins), and the other a hormon driven teenager, Zach (Nick Robinson), are sent by their parents to go visit their workaholic aunt Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) who happens to be the head honcho of (you guessed it) Jurassic World on the island of Isla Nublar. This is basically a subplot. The main plot is that the bosses of Jurassic World wanted to "up the WOW factor" thus creating a new species called the Indominus Rex. The Indominus Rex eventually grows up and escapes to cause chaos throughout the island with people still on it.
So, is Jurassic World good?

 We go to the movies to what? I'm guessing a lot of people will say "to have a good time." Well I had a blast. It definitely brought me back to those nostalgic moments of me watching the original Jurassic Park. I also really liked the Indominus Rex. It was not, however, without flaws. :(

 I will start off by listing my favorite things about Jurassic World. Chris Pratt who plays Owen is definitely numero uno when it comes to things that I like about this movie. He is such a character when he is on screen, whether that is the big silver screen or the TV screen. He brings a likeable vibe to anything. Chris is a great up and coming actor. He has worked with people from Amy Poehler to Brad Pitt. He can definitely carry a movie. Chris also brought a lot of humor to the movie (he is very good at that). The other thing that I liked was the Indominus Rex (as I said before). This thing was scary. Every time it left the screen, I was aching for it to just come back and ensue damage.

 Now to some flaws. Thankfully this film wasn't the worst sequel of all time due to the fact that, for me, there weren't many flaws. Most of the secondary characters were kind of cartoonish in a way. What I'm saying is that a lot of them were stereotypes of their specific character (i.e. villain or the hero). The worst culprit was Hoskins (Vincent D'Onofrio). He is where the other subplot lands. Without giving away spoilers, Hoskins is on the Jurassic World island to convince Owen to let him use the Raptors for "some kind of" use. There were also some plotholes here and there where I was watching and I said to myself "whaaaaa? How?" The plot was OK too.

 Jurassic World is clearly the best sequel out of the three of them. It is a cinematic experience. There were a couple of mess ups but overall I enjoyed it and I think based on the entirety of the movie, I say that you will have fun seeing this movie.

Pro                                         
  • Chris Pratt
  • Indominus Rex
  • Action
  • Nostalgia
Con
  • Secondary characters were kind of cartoony
  • Sublots
  • Plotholes
3.5/5

Watch the trailer here

Jurassic World is in theaters now 

No comments:

Post a Comment