Hey everybody! My name is Cesar Lopez, but you can call me C Lo. I am a huge fan of movies and I appreciate all kinds of movies. Since I love watching and talking about movies, I thought I'd make this page and tell you a little bit about how I feel on certain movies. I am going to school to major in Journalism and minoring in Cinema. I will hopefully be posting at least once or maybe twice a week. You can expect to see at least one review every Saturday. Also, I would welcome everyone to maybe leave a comment on what you think of my review (agree or disagree), what you think of the movie, what you would like to see me review, what you think I could improve on in these reviews, or anything you would like to say about anything. In any case, I will read it, absorb everything you say, and try my best to respond. Thank you everyone for listening to me :) It is definitely appreciated!

"Thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies." -Roger Ebert

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Check This One Out! - Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit




Check This One Out! - Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit



 Wallace: "Oh ho ho, cracking job, Gromit!"


      This week I'd like to highlight a movie called Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit directed by Steve Box and Nick Park (Chicken Run, Wallace and Gromit shorts) and stars Peter Sallis as Wallace/Hutch, Ralph Feinnes as Victor Quartermaine, Helena Bonham Carter as Lady Campanula Tottington, Peter Kay as PC Mackintosh, and Nicholas Smith as Reverend Clement Hedges.



C'mon! Look at these guys and tell me you don't love them! I dare you.

 
      Inventor Wallace and his faithful companion dog Gromit, the lovable duo who recently decided to create a human pest control service called Anti-Pesto, are tasked by Lady Tottington to find out what's been happening to their town's vegetable patches. Throughout the nights, the patches have been getting eaten with, unfortunately, Tottington Hall's annual Giant Vegetable Competition is nearing. As the title might give away, a giant were-rabbit is eating the vegetables, but you'll never guess who is the human that turns into this carrot loving beast. Is it the diabolical Victor Quartermaine who wants to dispose of the were-rabbit using inhumane ways? Is it quiet Gromit (making it a dog being turned into a rabbit)? Is it goofy Wallace who suspects it can be anyone else but him? Or is it unsuspecting Lady Tottington wanting love interest, Wallace, to help her in the best way possible?



To be honest, I think the Reverend is my favorite character just because he's most definitely the goofiest.

 
      If anyone remembers, a while back I did a review of Shaun the Sheep Movie, another stop motion animation from the same company who brought Wallace and Gromit to the small and big screen. This type of animation is my favorite kind. This is mainly because it's clear that stop motion animation is very difficult to do (this one being no exception. It took about five years to make!) and when it is done, most of the films using this type of animation is fantastic. Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is one of those flawless animations for me. The slapstick comedy, that Aardman Studios generally does very well, is seen constantly in this movie. Not to mention, the hilarious dialogue that suits well for both kids and adults. I saw this movie in theaters with my mom back in 2005. I was in 5th grade and during this time was when I started getting really into movies because of difficult life problems. Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit made me realize that comedy can be seen in the simplest of things, whether that's a funny catchphrases like "Cheese, Gromit!" or a big furry rabbit making funny faces. Plus, the charismatic duo of Wallace and Gromit is one of the best examples of mismatched, but effective couples I have seen in any film (and they aren't even real people!). Wallace reminds me of kind and clumsy genius that leads the way kind of blindly, while Gromit is the loyal dog/friend that we all want no matter what age we are. If you can't tell, Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit has a lot of sentimental meaning to me, but like many of these kinds of sentimental film, I still think they are exceptional films. This one is just another example.



 Aww! These guys are dynamic duo material for sure!


      Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is not only visually pleasing, but it's also simple, yet happy with its plot and emotionally investing with its characters. With any animation film, or any film for that matter, that's what I love to see. If anyone reading this hasn't seen this movie, I urge you to watch this when you do have time. If you're a parent, watch it with your kid or kids. I know, I really know they will enjoy it a lot and so will you.



Another step that attributed to my fondness for cinema.

 
Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is rated G

Click here to watch the trailer

Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit is available on DVD, Blu-Ray, and for digital download


      Thanks for reading, everybody! I really appreciate it. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Facebook here and Twitter here to get updates on new reviews and trailer drops. Also, If you've already seen Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit, comment and let me know what you think of it. I'll post another Check This One Out! next week. Thanks again!

2 comments:

  1. Dude I love this movie and Wallace and Gromit! They are my childhood. Such lovable characters and awesome animation. What made you decide to review this one. Anyways love the reviews keep it up! -Roy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud! I rewatched it not too long ago and I had to talk about it. Such a great movie!

      Delete