Hey everybody! My name is Cesar Lopez, but you can call me C Lo. I am a huge fan of movies and I appreciate all kinds of movies. Since I love watching and talking about movies, I thought I'd make this page and tell you a little bit about how I feel on certain movies. I am going to school to major in Journalism and minoring in Cinema. I will hopefully be posting at least once or maybe twice a week. You can expect to see at least one review every Saturday. Also, I would welcome everyone to maybe leave a comment on what you think of my review (agree or disagree), what you think of the movie, what you would like to see me review, what you think I could improve on in these reviews, or anything you would like to say about anything. In any case, I will read it, absorb everything you say, and try my best to respond. Thank you everyone for listening to me :) It is definitely appreciated!

"Thank you for going on this journey with me. I'll see you at the movies." -Roger Ebert

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Check This One Out! - Tropic Thunder ***EXPLICIT***

Check This One Out! - Tropic Thunder


Kirk Lazarus: "Yo asshole! This muthafucka's dead. Ain't no Criss Angel Mindfreak, David Blane trapdoor horse shit jumpin' off here!"



    Tropic Thunder is directed by Ben Stiller (Zoolander, The Cable Guy, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty) and stars Ben Stiller as Tugg Speedman, Robert Downey Jr. as Kirk Lazarus, Jack Black as Jeff Portnoy, Jay Baruchel as Kevin Sandusky, Brandon T. Jackson as Alpa Chino, Danny McBride as Cody, Steve Coogan as Damien Cockburn, Bill Hader as Studio Executive Rob Solomon, Nick Nolte as Four Leaf Tayback, Matthew McConaughey as Rick Peck, and Tom Cruise as Les Grossman.




Don't worry. They're still actors. Just actors playing actors.



    Despereate to finish the movie they started, a "platoon" of actors portraying soldiers fighting in the Vietnam war end up getting more than they asked for during the shooting. The squad has to fight through a barrage of real Vietnamese guerillas to save one friend from entertaining the kidnappers for the rest of his life by recreating his worst movie over and over again. Drugs, stupid over the top violence, and offensive blackface are just a few of the "simple" things that make this movie so damn great and hilarious.




I can see the movie within the movie being a dramatic tale of brotherhood during war, but luckily we got a stupid and fucking hilarious movie!



    Frankly, there are many unbelievable scenarios that happen throughout Tropic Thunder, but fuck that! I'm putting aside any realism about a movie that has Robert Downey Jr. putting on blackface as an Australian actor. Holy shit this movie is fucking great. Honestly, I don't understand how a movie with Tom Cruise in a fat suit, Jack Black without a fat suit (but a drug addict), Matthew McConaughey wondering where the fuck Tugg Speedman's Tvio is all the fucking time, and Robert Downey Jr. doing a weirdly comedic (and all too real) impression of a black man could even be pitched to studios. To start off, Ben Stiller's commitment to making this movie is off the charts brave and impressive. Hats off to him and his writing team, Justin Theroux and Etan Cohen, to creating a script that allowed for a good amount of improvisation and a whole lot of comedy, with drops of "fuck" and "shit" sprinkled around. I'll take the view a step back and let you know that what's even more impressive is the story in itself: brilliant. It's meta humor to the max. I loved everything from the introductions of the characters with trailers for each of them at the beginning to being on set of a "fake" movie in which people actually die. One more crucial reason as to why you should see Tropic Thunder, on top of many other reasons: it's quotable as fuck! Seriously. Where else are you going to hear "man, I don't drop character 'till I done with the DVD commentary" or "never go full retard"? So fucking genius.




Look at this fucking crazy shit!



    Want to have a fun time? Shit, just drink some Booty Sweat, baby! I don't do it justice. Not even close. Watch Tropic Thunder if you really want to have a good time and not get stressed out by the problems that life gives us. Life is all too short to pass up the good times. Didn't think I'd get philosophical, did you? Fuck that shit. You're going to laugh your ass off and like it. Tropic Thunder is original and creative. You won't find another crude and violent movie that has two Golden Globe nominations for best Actor in a supporting role (Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise) and an Oscar nomination (Robert Downey Jr.).




Well, muthafucka? What you waiting for?



Tropic Thunder is rated R for pervasive language including sexual references, violent content, and drug material

Click here to watch the trailer

Tropic Thunder is now available on DVD, Blu-ray, and digital download



    Thanks for reading, everybody! I really do appreciate it. Please subscribe to my blog and follow me on Facebook and Twitter to receive updates on new reviews and trailer drops. Also, if you've already seen Tropic Thunder, comment and let me know what you think of it. I'll post another Check This One Out! next week. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment